Terms & Conditions
For all Ceremony and Reception Booking Terms and Conditions:
Accommodation Reservation Terms and Conditions are outlined below:
Reservations, Deposit, and Confirmation
A deposit of 50% of the total tariff is required to secure your reservation as per the Cancellation policy (see below). (Full tariff may be required during peak season.)
The balance is due upon departure. During peak season full payment may be debited prior to arrival in accordance with the booking policy.
All tariffs and rates described within this booking are stated in New Zealand Dollars (NZD). Tariff excludes New Zealand Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 15%.
All bookings will result in an automated acknowledgment and will then be confirmed based upon availability.
The client agrees to a pre-authorized block to their credit card below equivalent to one room night’s accommodation, for security against any occurrence of damage.
Personal cheques or American Express are not accepted. Credit card payments attract a 4% commission charge. (Not applicable for Retreat guests). The credit card surcharge will apply to all credit card payments and overseas debit cards.
Statutory Holidays Surcharge
A 15% surcharge will apply to reservations on New Zealand Statutory Holidays. Please check here.
The following cancellation fee applies to any accommodation booked at Stoneridge in connection with a wedding ceremony:
- Accommodation deposit is refundable, less $100 administration fee IF cancellation is made more than 6 months prior to arrival.
- 50% of the accommodation tariff if cancelled less than 60 days prior to arrival
- 100% of the accomodation tariff if cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival.
Note however and notwithstanding the above paragraph, the full accommodation tariff will be incurred during peak season, 1st November - 30th April, unless any room nights are resold. This is because your booking may have precluded any other potential guests from booking to stay with us during that period. We recommend travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances resulting in cancellation.
Privacy of Credit Card Information
Credit card details entered are securely encrypted and all payments processed through this website is done through a certified PCI compliant payment gateway. (Payment Express Services - DPS).
Minimum stay (two nights) applies for all rooms between 15 December and 20 February. Except for one night stay’s may be permitted upon a direct enquiry. A 100% deposit might be required.
As Stoneridge has only four rooms, all of equal amenity, facilities and views of the Lake, in rare instances a booking of short duration can preclude a booking of multiple nights, whereby a room occupancy cannot be reallocated. In such circumstances, Stoneridge reserve the right to reallocate a room should the above preclude another booking.
Stoneridge does not offer self-catering facilities
Breakfast is included and other meals can be provided by prior arrangement.
Breakfast is served from 7.30am - 10.00am in the main lodge dining room at Stoneridge.
Room service is available on request for an additional $10pp + GST. Please advise your host the night prior so a pre-order can be obtained.
For guests requiring breakfast earlier than 7.30am, please advise your hosts and a self -service option will be made available to you.
A $250 fee will apply to any smoking inside the building. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
Due to the inherent risks to children on the estate, children under 10 years of age are not catered for unless part of a ‘Lodge Booking.’
Extra guests (lodge): adult $125 + GST, child (up to & including 10 yrs) $75 + GST per night.
Extra guests (retreat): adult $225 + GST, child (up to & including 10 yrs) $125 + GST per night, child (11- 16 yrs) $175 + GST.
**This fee is applicable when extra guests are confirmed at the time of booking. If extra guests are added to a room less than 24 hours prior to arrival, 50% of the room tariff will be charged for each extra guest.
Functions & Events Venue
Stoneridge does periodically host dinner events at the southwest end of the building. Whilst we do not anticipate any disruption to guests' enjoyment of facilities and amenity, as a courtesy we nonetheless wish to make guests aware of these.
Stoneridge operates a boutique vineyard which requires vineyard work to be undertaken at certain intervals and avoiding direct sunlight. Vineyard work is organized as best as possible to minimize any interruption or inconvenience to guests.
Check-in and Check-out Times
Check-in is from 3.00 pm and checks out is by 10.30 am on the day of departure. Early check-in may be permitted by prior arrangement (subject to room availability), and will attract a $50.00 early check-in fee, as rooms require additional rostering of cleaning staff to accommodate these arrangements.
A Room Registration Form requires a signed indemnity for all damage caused by a guest’s stay/occupation of the room.
Fine Dining Terms and Conditions
- Beverages are not included in the menu pricing.
- Stoneridge Estate is fully licensed and BYO is not available.
- One bill per couple/group. Credit card (Visa and Mastercard) payments attract a 4% commission charge. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS/cash payments. American Express is not accepted.
- Stoneridge Estate does not operate a public restaurant – candlelit dining is offered by prior arrangement only and is subject to chef availability. A minimum of 48 hours’ notice may be required for bookings.
- A 100% deposit is required to confirm your booking. Room deposits may be used as security for a dinner booking.
- Bookings on New Zealand Statutory Holidays will incur a 15% statutory holiday surcharge.
- If a booking is cancelled/modified less than 24 hours prior to the reservation time, the deposit (100% of the dinner cost) is non-refundable unless the booking can be re-sold.
- All dinner sittings are at 6.30pm (for two hours). Additional charges will apply for staff personnel if bookings extend beyond two hours.
- Children may be catered for by prior arrangement. Please note that in order to preserve the fine dining experience and out of courtesy to any other guests dining, Stoneridge reserves the right to exclude any children at the manager's discretion in the event of noise or disruption.
- All dining is hosted at Stoneridge Lodge. For Retreat guests, this is approximately 150m from your accommodation - complimentary transport is available on request.
"Thank you for your attention to detail in organising everything so wonderfully for our special day. It was the most special moment of our lives and our families and guests felt it ..."
- Oscar and Nadia, April 2019