Chapel at the Lake
Enter our Chapel by the Lake and experience a sense of sublime tranquility; feel the calm settle around you on the old Church pews and the hand-crafted altar, as rays of sun stream through the spectacular chancel window and bathe the aisle in light.
Built in 2004 from reclaimed church beams, stone and slate, the Chapel by the Lake is the original vision of artist Da'Vella Gore, and has been a breathtakingly beautiful ceremony location for countless couples since then. The Chapel's authentic character harmonises perfectly with the alpine grandeur and stunning scenery that surrounds it, and its intimate feel makes it an idyllic location for a small ceremony or romantic elopement.
Our dedicated wedding coordinator can arrange everything that you desire for your Chapel ceremony; whether you'd like a videographer to capture your vows or a live musician to play 'your song' as you walk down the aisle. speak to us about planning your Chapel wedding today.
At a Glance
- Capacity: 60 - 70 (additional guests may be accommodated standing at the rear).
- Timeslot: Chapel and gardens available for up to 2.5 hours for your ceremony and photography.
- Music: Contains an original pump organ, with a mini sound system available for hire.
- WiFi: wireless internet throughout.
- Heating: oil-heated.
- Personal Stoneridge wedding coordinator available.
up to 25 guests NZ$675.00 + GST (15%)
up to 70 guests NZ$875.00 + GST (15%)
over 71 guests NZ$975 + GST (15%)
Tariffs for Chapel and Grounds are valid until March 2020.
"Steve and I wanted to say thank you for everything during our stay with you and for our wedding. We have had nothing but positive comments about the setting and how well the venue ..."
- Steph and Steve, August 2018